Python in game development?

Newsgroup newsgroup at neutron.globalnet.co.uk
Wed Jul 19 09:48:02 EDT 2000

> In the Open Source Crystal Space 3D engine we are working on a framework
for python
> scripting. It is already working reasonably well but you cannot yet do
everything
> that you'd want to do from a python script.

Can anybody explain what you actually do to attach the python, or any other
general purpose scripting language, to your game? I'm making a game with a
scripted engine and I have to write my own compiler to convert scripts into
a length of integers and a virtual machine to convert it into game logic.
Does python produce it's own compiled code and you then have to write a
virtual machine based on this output?

Regards,

Sean Wilson
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~neutron/programming