Dynamic package exploration

Sebastien Pierre spierre at rational.com
Fri Jul 21 18:24:58 EDT 2000

Hi !

I'm having a strange problem with Python :

 I cannot reference any Python object using an absolute name...
 Example :
  >>print os.name
  fails....
 But if I do
  >>import os
  >>print os.name
 It works - so I guess you have to "import" first before being able to
reference anything.

 But if I do :
  >>eval ( "import os" )
 It doesn't work...so it prevents me from doing something
dynamic...Ouch!

The point is that I want to dynamically load a set of extensions that
belong to a specific package.
Let's say I have a package A that contains 10 python files. What I want
to do is dynamically inspect the content of A (the 10 python files), and
check if those python files have the attribute called
'__my_attribute__'. Then I want to register these attributes in a list.

Is it possible ?

Thanks,
Seb.
--
Sebastien Pierre.-  spierre at rational.com \
R a t i o n a l   software | XML          \ If you like classical music,