Best way to switch between different view

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Tue Jul 18 18:31:18 EDT 2000

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Horst Gassner wrote:

> In my application there are three different kind of views. Each of them
> has to be displayed in the same main window. Two of them are scrolled
> canvases and one is a scrolled frame (all of them with many widgets
> inside).
>
> What is the best way to handle this different views? At the moment I
> completely destroy one view and rebuild the new one but there must be a
> better way. Some time ago I have read something about an unpack method
> to hide a widget. Could this be the best way to do this?

Could you get them into a tabbed notebook type setup - a number if GUI
toolkits offer widget, and IIRC PMW has such a widget if you're using
Tkinter.

E-mail: andrew.macintyre at aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
        andymac at pcug.org.au           (play2) |        Australia