The 'widget' demo with python/Tkinter

Michal Wallace sabren at manifestation.com
Sat Jul 29 18:29:17 EDT 2000

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Francesco Bochicchio wrote:

> Matthew Dixon Cowles wrote:

> > If you haven't seen it already, you might find Fredrik Lundh's
> > introduction to Tkinter worth a look. It's at:
> >
> > http://www.pythonware.com/library.htm
> >
> > I certainly find it useful. As far as I'm aware, it's the current state
> > of the art in Tkinter documentation.
> >
> I also found it very useful ( though it seems still a work in progress

You both might want to check out _Python and Tkinter programming_ by
John E. Grayson - http://www.manning.com/Grayson/index.html

It's considerably more complete than anything else I've seen, and a
well written book all around. It's written for people who already
know python, and are ready for the next step. I'd never made a real
GUI app before, and it helped a lot. It's also got a complete
Tkinter and Pmw reference in the back..

I've also heard rumors that Fredrik's coming out with a Tkinter book,
but I don't think I've ever heard _him_ say that..

Cheers,

- Michal