Communicating between two computers

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at out-think.NOSPAMco.uk
Sat Jul 1 17:07:33 EDT 2000

Start simple.

Unless this is particularly time critical, I'd create a folder on the Build
server  and share it with suitably limited access.

Give the Web server write access to the folder.

The Web server writes a batch file or Python script to the shared directory.

Every few minutes the Build server checks this folder for a file and
executes it.

If you need some feedback, it could change the name of the file or move it
to a subdirectory while it's running so the Web server can see it's active.

--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Out-Think Ltd, UK

news:395d48b3$0$21842 at wodc7nh0.news.uu.net...