Microsoft's C# (Sharp) & .NET -- A Heads Up

Hartford Hackers cmyanko at bigfoot.com
Tue Jul 25 08:07:08 EDT 2000

Is it me or has it been totaly missed that C# sits on top of the Common
Language Runtime Libray. It supports, Eifle, Perl, Python, VB, C++, C#
and Java. Any language can call any object from any other language!

So... if your looking for a way to *sell* Python to management, you
now  have the ammo to do so. Simply express why you chose Python as the
implementation language! There's the list, you pick the one that works
best for you. VB is, and will be, the best solution for UI's and C++
for system level stuff. Python will likely find its niche in the middle
tier, business logic or whatever you want to call it.

My question though, is, how does this effect future versions of Python,
or Perl for that matter? Who controls the distribution of this library?

--
-Curtis Yanko

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.