Python in game development?

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Mon Jul 24 11:13:38 EDT 2000

In article <8lh588$oti$3 at news.fsu.edu>, Ronald Steedman <steedman at quake.cs.fsu.edu> wrote:
> A full compile of a complex software package can often take 30 seconds or
> more. That can be frustrating when you're trying to find and remove bugs.
> You try one thing, wait 30 seconds, try another thing, wait 30 seconds...
>
> Imagine how an intepreter would help. Try one thing IMMEDIATELY SEE THE
> RESULT... try another thing IMMEDIATELY SEE THE RESULT... then you only
> compile the application when you're finished and want a faster program.

If I were your boss I would make sure you had no access to an
interpreter!  I would even slow down your compilation by giving you an
older machine ;-)

Changing things at random and hoping the problem goes away is not the
way to fix bugs.

Gerry Quinn
--
http://bindweed.com
Puzzle / Strategy Games and Kaleidoscope for Windows