Perl is worse! (was: Python is Wierd!)

Paul Jackson pj at sgi.com
Thu Jul 27 22:17:55 EDT 2000

Alex wrote:
|> People using Perl for web-related tasks are really legions ...

Just an anecdote to back this up:

    As I was leaving the Main Auditorium from a speech by
    Bill Joy last year, at O'Reilly's Open Source Conference
    in Monterey, California, to go to the Python break-out
    session, I noticed that perhaps 900 of the 1000 people (wild
    estimates) were staying in their seats.  I got worried that
    I had read my schedule wrong, and that there was another
    general session next.  Reading carefully, I found that:
    no - the Perl break-out session was in the Main Auditorium.

I won't rest till it's the best ...	   Software Production Engineer
Paul Jackson (pj at sgi.com; pj at usa.net) 3x1373 http://sam.engr.sgi.com/pj