Top 10 Language Constructs (Phyton)

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Sun Jul 16 15:33:27 EDT 2000

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 06:03:14PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 16 Jul 2000 17:40:03 GMT, Aahz Maruch <aahz at netcom.com> wrote:

> >I literally can't remember the last time I bothered visiting
> >AltaVista for anything other than a quick test to see if
> >they've improved their software, and I also warn other eyeballs
> >away from them.

> I gave up on altavista over a year ago and use google most of
> the time.  Back when altavista was just a demo of how big/fast
> a DEC machine could be, it seemed to provide (to me) useful
> info. Once it switched over to being an ad-driven
> profit-center, it went into the dumpster pretty quickly.

Hah! I can remember back when WWW search engines were a new and exciting
thing! And more importantly, no matter what you searched for, you never got
more than a few screenfulls of hits, and most of them were positive hits,
too. And if it didn't, a rephrasing of the search criteria solved the
problem. Compared to that, almost all searchengines nowadays are worthless.

That was before Netscape arrived and made the WWW popular, though ;) Anyone
remember Netscape's HTML 1.1 ? :)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>