Top 10 Language Constructs (Phyton)

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sun Jul 16 13:40:03 EDT 2000

In article <qflc5.1316$6E.225996 at ptah.visi.com>,
Grant Edwards <nobody at nowhere.nohow> wrote:
>On 15 Jul 2000 14:37:57 GMT, Aahz Maruch <aahz at netcom.com> wrote:
>>
>>Yeah, one of the reasons I hate AltaVista so much is because it does a
>>remarkably poor job of result ranking, even by the relatively poor
>>standards of search engines.
>
>I am reminded of something somebody once told me about network
>TV: "They don't care whether you like the programs or not. All
>they care about is whether their customers like their product."
>
>IOW: You are not the customer. You are the product.

True enough -- but if I don't visit their site, I'm not product for
them.  I literally can't remember the last time I bothered visiting
AltaVista for anything other than a quick test to see if they've
improved their software, and I also warn other eyeballs away from them.
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Let's go home and turn on MTV.  I want to watch some Pop-Up Videos."
"Pop-Up Videos is not on MTV, it's on VH-1."
"'MTV' is a generic."