App testing

Angela Lin alin at clicktomarket.com
Mon Jul 10 16:49:45 EDT 2000

I need to carry out some testing of a cgi application from a Browser client.
I have been informed that I can use Python (or some of it's extensions) to
capture and replay the http traffic between the Browser and the Webserver to
simulate a user session. Unfortunately I've not been able to find any
information on this usage in the books I've looked at so far. I am also
interested in any other applications free or otherwise which would allow me
to do this.

I would like to be able to capture the traffic and edit it to allow modified
replays of sessions. Can anbody help with this? Should I be looking at other
news groups for these features?

Thanks.