Python COM for Linux?

Grant Edwards ge at nowhere.none
Wed Jul 5 11:34:18 EDT 2000

In article <8juulj$csu$1 at pony.kenan.com>, Jess Austin wrote:

>>I have a Python program that fetches mail from MS Exchange
>>Server using MAPI/COM.  I'd dearly love to run it under Linux.
>>Does anybody have an experience with accessing MS Exchange
>>Server via COM from Linux?
>
>I'd love to take a look at this.  I'm always interested in anything that
>could help me escape the drudgery of Outlook.  Can you post a link?

Sure:

    ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/stuff/mfetch.py
    ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/stuff/mfetch.bat   shows invokation

Disclaimer: There's some hard-wired logic in one of the methods
that convertes Outlook addresses to SMTP addresses -- grep for
"comtrol".

It only fetches mail -- I send mail using ssmtp with and the
Exchange's SMTP server.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  This is PLEASANT!
                                  at