Changing the class of an instance

Richard Tobin richard at cogsci.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jul 13 14:04:55 EDT 2000

In article <8kkuuv$ohu$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <david_ullrich at my-deja.com> wrote:

>    If you said what you were trying to do someone would show
>you how to do it without trying to change the class of an
>instance.

I can see plenty of other ways to do it myself, thanks.  For example,
changing the relevant methods of the instance.

>    I can't imagine there being any _argument_ about whether
>it's a good idea...

It's not as if it's a previously-unheard-of idea I've dreamt up; on
the contrary it is explicitly provided in some other well-known object
systems (eg change-class in CLOS).

-- Richard

"The Internet is really just a series of bottlenecks joined by high
speed networks." - Sam Wilson