Documentation...

Grant Edwards ge at nowhere.none
Thu Jul 27 11:37:07 EDT 2000

In article <397FF3C8.52BEF1A5 at acm.org>, Jonathan Neve wrote:

>What exactly is Python? What are its aims, what is it used for?
>Moreover, where could I get some (preferably electronic)
>books/documents/tutorials for learning the language?

It always surprises me when people want to find out about
subject FooBar, they manage to find the newsgroup x.y.z.FooBar
but didn't find web pages such as

      www.FooBar.org
      www.FooBar.net
      www.FooBar.com

I'm neither complaining that people ask such questions in
newsgroups nor requesting that they don't.  I'm just surprised
that they don't find the wep pages first and stumble across the
newsgroup later. Most of the people I know have no idea what
Usenet is or how to get to it.  They all know about the 'web.

Anyway, to answer the question, take a look at

      www.python.org

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  INSIDE, I have the
                                  at               same personality disorder