off-topic, "Compiler" technology

Andreas Otto aotto at t-online.de
Tue Jul 11 10:10:13 EDT 2000

Hi,

  1) I released a TCL "Compiler" which has a significant speedup

      http://home.t-online.de/home/aotto/comp-perf_E.html

      For special cases "Compiler" is 7 times faster. For large scale
      TCL application's there is a speed increase of 25%.
      This mean if your job need 40 minutes now it will be done in
      30 minutes after compilation

  2) You can download the TCL Compiler and his components

      http://home.t-online.de/home/aotto/comp-main_E.html

  3) "Compiler" finds all of the syntax error in the source-code
     at compile-time ( tested with large real-world TCL application's )

  4) "Compiler" give you hint's haw to improve your source-code

  5) You only have to work in TCL no language mix nothing special.
     Tcl2Meta generate the META code and the back-end's generate
     the source code.

       Meta2Tcl:  proofed error-free optimized TCL code
       Meta2C:    very very fast native C code
       Meta2Java: native java code ( coming soon )

     you work in one language but ship the language you want

  5) Right, i will only develop a python compiler if i don't
     have to carry all of the risk.

> My understanding is that Andreas Otto is still in search for somebody
> who will fund a Python or Perl compiler; so far, apparently nobody was
> interested enough, or trusted that Mr. Otto would indeed be able to
> deliver a compiler offering significant speedup.

mfg

  aotto :)

Andreas Otto              Phone: ++49-(0)8152-399540
IPN Ingenieurbuero fuer   mailto:aotto at t-online.de
    Praezisionsnumerik    Web: http://home.t-online.de/home/aotto
Ulmenstrasse 3            Skills: Unix,Sql,Tcl,Shell,Sybase...
D-34289 Zierenberg        Area: Bank, FX, MM, shares, options