Avi Bercovich bercovic at swi.psy.uva.nl
Tue Jul 18 01:35:11 CEST 2000

> My suspicion is that you've got o32/n32 issues.

A solution is to edit the configure script or call configure like so,
given that your zlib is in /usr/freeware/lib32

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/freeware/lib32 ./configure

this sometimes works for me. What I now have resorted to doing is to
actually find the bit in configure that is causing the trouble, and
simple hardcode the lib-paths into configure.

in the above case it would be something like this:

1. look for LIBS="-lz" in configure
2. edit the LIBS="-lz" line to something like:
LIBS="-L/usr/freeware/lib32 -lz"
3. use common sense to see if any other stuff needs editing like the
<zlib.h> include declatation, which would become

't is a pain in the butt to weed out all them little buggers, but it
works everytime.

hope this helps,

PS> If someone knows how to do this in a more 'elegant' fashion - great.
I've just got a feeling that autoconf is very GNU/Linux specific wrt lib