Pythonwin: problem with syntax highlighting

neilh at scintilla.org.bbs neilh at scintilla.org.bbs
Sun Jul 16 08:50:01 EDT 2000

   Telling us what version number will help. Using PythonWin 132 is best if
you are running Python 1.5.x.

> There's just one irritating thing, not with the language itself, but
> with the pythonwin editor. I havn't managed to make autocompleting and
> syntax highlighting to work.

   Autocompletion requires some symbols to be loaded. I don't know all the
ways this can happen but in the interactive window try

import win32api
win32api.

   After you press the '.' you should see a list appear.

   Syntax highlighting should just happen - it even looks as though Mark has
dropped the option to turn off syntax highlighting.

> I've checked and unchecked the options in
> the GUI, but it didn't change a thing. I've looked into the registry
> to see if a component had'nt been registered properly during setup but
> I didn't see anything wrong.
>
> What could prevent my machine from displaying online help ?

   Help is bad too? Your machine is posessed by the anti-Python! Try
uninstalling and reinstalling. And use Python 1.5.2 and PythonWin 132.

   Neil