PIL and HPGL

Anders Eriksson ame at swipnet.se
Sun Jul 23 06:28:06 EDT 2000

On Sat, 22 Jul 2000 10:54:36 GMT, Marcos Sánchez Provencio
<rapto at arrakis.es> wrote:

>You might try printing to postscript in AutoCAD and converting the
>resulting .ps or .prn to pdf with ghostscript.

Hello Marcos!

Thanks for the reply! Yes I am a aware about the possibility to use
postscript and ghostscript to create a PDF. This how I do it today. I
just wanted to use Python to do this. The optimal would be to read the
DWG directly and create a PDF ;-) but I settle for using HPGL of DXF.

I just saw that ReportLab has release version 1 of there Python module
for handling PDF so maybe this is a better way than using PIL,

// Anders