Erm... might I suggest... (Re: New PEP: Attribute Access Handlers)

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Mon Jul 31 07:39:59 EDT 2000

Paul Prescod <paul at prescod.net> wrote:
[snip]
> Right, I don't think that that behavior is so onerous now, nor in the
> proposal. In return for the performance I think it is a small price to
> pay. One serious constraint is that I cannot slow down Python! Adding an
> attribute handler to a class should have as little performance impact as
> is humanly possible.

Right; I went through the whole reasoning and came up with
almost an identical solution -- it seems to be the 'natural' conclusion
given this performance constraint. Except that I don't see the reason not to
split up the get/set/del handlers still even with his solution. Paul,
any feedback on that?

Regards,

Martijn