Build Problem-- OverflowError: integer literal too large

John Clonts jclonts at mastnet.net
Wed Jul 12 03:54:10 EDT 2000

I have just installed python 1.5.2 from sources and built it for the
first time on my Redhat 5.x system.  When trying to import module pgp I
got a message

   "OverflowError: integer literal too large"

I traced it and can reproduce this error by typing interactively:

    ii=4294967296

(On my older python 1.3 this causes no such problem)

I have searched the FAQ and have poked and pored through the install
process, but have not come up with anything.

Thanks for your help (please!) :)

Cheers,
John