Problems installing PIL on linux

Paul Winkler slinkp23 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 17:47:08 EDT 2000

Steve Purcell wrote:
> My advice is to get the RPM for 1.0b1 unless there's a particular need for
> fixes or features that can only be found in 1.1. Works fine for me.

Well, I guess I'll do that. Thanks for the tip.
Incidentally, one reason I didn't do this before was that rpmfind
didn't turn up any python imaging library RPMs for RedHat. There
were some SuSE packages but I don't know what the difference is, if
any.

Fortunately a Google search turned up a version for RedHat at:
http://www.linuxfocus.org/common/src/article120/python-imaging-rh-1.0b1-3.i386.rpm

I just installed that and it seems to be working OK...

slinkP arts:   music, sound, illustration, design, etc.
        web page:  http://www.ulster.net/~abigoo
      A member of ARMS:   http://www.reacharms.com
               or http://www.mp3.com/arms