reportlab: HTML->PDF via Python?

Dinu C. Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Sun Jul 2 04:07:14 EDT 2000

Ian Oeschger wrote:

> Does reportlab or some other Python module offer a facility for printing
> HTML pages to PDF?
> And if so, does some rendering engine have to intercede in this process
> somewhere? My experience so far has been getting text--rather than the
> rendered HTML--into PDF.

Well, not yet, at least from what I know about ReportLab.
The question came up there very recently. The problem is
more or less the implicit HTML layouting "behind the scenes",
like text around images, frames, and so on. It seems, though,
that a very simple HTML could be rendered rather easily into
PDF.

Regards,

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"The only possible values [for quality] are 'excellent' and 'in-