Problem Installing PyQt-012

Kenneth Payne kmp at atrium.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jul 3 15:44:41 EDT 2000

Hi Martin -

Well, I didn't run ldconfig, but I had set LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I didn't
specify qtdir to the sip configure, but it seemed to find it (it was
the X system it couldn't find).

Anyway, I've tried both now - and I still have the same error.

My commands were :

in the sip directory -

./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include
--x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib
make
make install

in the PyQT directory -

ldconfig
./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include
--x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib
make
make install

This looks suspicious in the sip configure output:

.
.
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... found
.
.
.
checking for x... no
.
.

Should I be looking to install aclocal, autoconf and automake? Would
it be easier to install from rpms?

By the way, I was on the noether site recently and was suprised (and
pleased) to see my name on the Compuserve kppp script. Thanks. Of
course, I'm no longer with compuserve (is anyone?). I've joined you on
Freeserve.

Best wishes

-- Ken

On 02/07/00, 21:06:09, newsbunny at noether.freeserve.co.uk (Martin P
Holland) wrote regarding Re: Problem Installing PyQt-012:

> On Sun, 02 Jul 2000 20:09:51 GMT,
> Kenneth Payne <kmp at atrium.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> >I'm trying to install the Python bindings to Qt/KDE. I've downloaded
> >the latest sources for Sip. PyQT and pyKDE. I've compiled and
> >installed Sip and compiled PyQT. All seemed to go Ok, though I had to
> >fiddle a bit to get them to compile on Suse 6.3. However, on the
"make
> >install" for PyQt, I get an error when the install routine hits a
> >Python script:
> >
> >Traceback (innermost last):
> >  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> >  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/qt.py", line 16, in ?
> >    import libqtc
> >ImportError: /usr/lib/python1.5/lib-dynload/libqtcmodule.so:
undefined