Pythonwin IIS-ASP module imports (bug)

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Jul 13 17:28:01 EDT 2000

In article <8kiojo$69q$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
  kellyk at my-deja.com wrote:
> In IIS 4 using Pythonwin 132 modules are not reloaded when an ASP
script
> is run. Modules are reloaded properly in Pythonwin 129 (I just tested
> this) so I will just go back to version 129 but...

I'm afraid this is by design.  In build 129, Python itself was unloaded
when IIS no longer needed it.  For various reasons (including stability
and speed), Python is now _never_ unloaded from IIS/ASP.  We are very
unlikely to regress back to the original behaviour...

Note that you _can_ use the Python "reload" function inside IIS - this
will allow things to work as you expect.

Mark.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.