POOP / Python (Object Oriented Persistence) ?

Patrick Phalen python-list at teleo.net
Tue Jul 11 10:35:53 EDT 2000

[Tony J Ibbs (Tibs), on Tue, 11 Jul 2000]
:: The PJama (persistent Java) people regard a mainstream persistent language
:: as a killer-app, allowing a major revolution in how people program. It's the
:: sort of thing that I find quite exciting, because it's a different
:: programming paradigm - no more worrying about database startup/shutdown,
:: crafting little save files, etc. And yet here is Python with ZODB which
:: looks like it does a good part of what the PJama people are aiming at (as
:: Martijn said a couple of messages ago), and I hadn't really heard of it.
<snip>
:: So, why isn't this better known? Is it just that Python is too good at too
:: many things? Maybe we need a page of "clever things Python does that other
:: people think are hard", or "important buzzword compliances by application",
:: on the PythonLabs site...

Great idea! Also, I think a lot more people have been arriving on the
Python doorstep recently, simply because more users have been writing
short introductory articles about aspects of Python and getting them
published in various targetted magazines, scholarly reviews and ezines.
You might consider doing the same in your own field.

:: [It would help if this was all more evident from the Zope site, as well,
:: though. Talk about hard to navigate round.]

Unfortunately true.
::
:: Tibs, all excited again

Your excitement is infectious! Infect someone who doesn't know about
Python! ;-)