MAPI/COM: where is the server?

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at out-think.NOSPAMco.uk
Thu Jul 6 09:15:53 EDT 2000

You are talking Exchange, if it's available, or to a local copy of your data
if it's not and if you have offline mode enabled.

Either way, you are using CDO.DLL and probably talking to a service called
MAPISP32 - although you are stretching my knowledge at this point. As I
understand it, MAPISP32 decides where the request ultimately ends up.

I'd be very surprised if you could get this to work on anything other than
Win32.

--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Out-Think Ltd, UK