Microsoft's C# (Sharp) & .NET -- A Heads Up

Stephen Hansen stephen at cerebralmaelstrom.com
Mon Jul 10 01:22:56 EDT 2000

BTW, i'm sorry if i'm oversnipping, but i'm only commenting to a certain
portion of this...

Your example is invalid because they still kept the same script and just
redesigned it a bit...

If Microsoft took Java code, named it Mocha, and altered the API's and a few
other ways that it worked, Sun would win a suit. If Microsoft took the
CONCEPT of the Language, and made their /entire own language/ around the
/idea/ of it, then they havn't /copied/ anything. You can't copyright a
'concept' or an 'idea'. You can copyright your perticular application of
said idea or concept.

--S

Thaddeus L. Olczyk <olczyk at interaccess.com> wrote in message
news:396b3f42.316716812 at nntp.interaccess.com...
> On Sat, 01 Jul 2000 15:51:48 GMT, Joshua Macy <amused at webamused.com>
(snip)> As for the law. Perhaps you should aquaint yourself with case law.