Downside to using Python in ASP/MS IIS server side?

Ilja Heitlager news at heitlager.com
Fri Jul 14 07:49:06 EDT 2000

I use Python to replace VB in binding together MS-Office apps with SQL
7.0/Access including (Inter)networking. Using Python for client-side COM
it's perfect. I both use DAO and mxODBC.
I tried using Python for server-side COM once but I wasn't to happy with it
because I couldn't figure out how to do the parameter marshalling right
(which says more about me than the Python/COM implementation).
I use a regular syntax -highlighting editor en you can probably still use
Interdev, which to me is perfect for Webapps. You won't be able to use
Intellisense, though.

I suggest you read "Python Programming on Win32" by Marc Hammond and Andy
Robinson from O' Reilly's first and your live will never be the same again
;-)

Ilja Heitlager