Perl is worse! (was: Python is Wierd!)

Jonathan theebh at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 27 04:44:12 EDT 2000

Just finished putting down the 'Learning Python' book and tried some of
the examples. Somehow i happened to have the itch of grabbing
my 'Programming PERL' book and browse through it again to have a
comparison(it was a long time since i last used PERL, after i picked up
PHP). Looking at the Modules, Packages and Classes chapter, and - oh my
god - the whole thing now looks like a mess! I don't think i will ever
bother using PERL again (unless it's a 5-10 lines kind of thing).
Python's syntax now seem much 'cleaner' and intuitive. But then i guess
you all shld have known this by now:)

But the irony now is that ZOPE will be 'opened' to PERL too. I have
read through the 'debates' going on in the zope mailing list, but it
still doesn't make sense - why allow Zope to be polluted by something
that is clearly deficient? It's like allowing people to use sand
instead of cement to build a house. (I haven't mastered Zope yet, so i
will restrain from commenting any further)

regards,
jonathan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.