Looking for a tree widget with control of text color

Robin Dunn robin at alldunn.com
Thu Jul 13 23:48:47 EDT 2000

"Tom" <NoSpam at NoSpam.com> wrote in message
news:_b%a5.155712$7o1.3884807 at news2.rdc1.on.home.com...

> This surprises me.
> It is my understanding that wxPython is a 'native' gui, so, on Windows,
its
> tree control would be implemented using the windows tree view common
> control, which is dynamic but doesn't support differing text colors for
> different nodes.
>
> Am I misunderstanding wxPython?  Or does wxPython extend the standard tree
> control in some way?

You understand correctly, on MSW the wxTreeCtrl is a wrapper around the
native tree view common control.  However newer versions of comctl32 send a
message that allows you to set colour and font attributes on the items.

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman