Advice sought: text-mode (but not CLI) apps in Windows console ?

Fred Pacquier fredp at mygale.org.nospam
Thu Jul 20 04:02:36 EDT 2000

cjc26 at nospam.cornell.edu (Cliff Crawford) said :

>You may be able to compile curses using cygwin/djgpp.

I understand that it's possible, but I was sort of hoping to avoid that
kind of adventure :-)

>Also, there
>is another library called S-Lang which you could use, and I believe
>there is a port for it for Windows.

Thanks for the tip. I knew of the scripting-language aspect of slang, but
not the screen-management side. Is S-lang directly scriptable from Python ?
All I have found is references to (slang-based) newt, and that (from what
little is available) looks very Linux-oriented to me...

--
YAFAP : http://www.multimania.com/fredp/