Perl is worse! (was: Python is Wierd!)

Steve Lamb grey at despair.rpglink.com
Fri Jul 28 18:13:55 EDT 2000

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000 19:50:27 +0100, Gareth McCaughan
<Gareth.McCaughan at pobox.com> wrote:
>None doesn't mean "empty object". It means "no object". There's
>a big difference, whether or not you care to recognise it. As
>big as the difference between "no bottles" and "an empty bottle",
>which is insignificant only if all you care about is the beer. :-)
    Be hard to fool me on that.

type(a)
a = None
type(a)

    If it  were no object how come it doesn't bomb out again.  Maybe the more
precise answer would be that I am trying to create the name a and point to
nothing.  None is not nothing.  None /is/s something.  It is a type.  :P