Test results of linuxaudiodev.c

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 11 15:25:29 EDT 2000

Sorry for the delay (bloody ethernet cables).

Alexandre Ferrieux <alexandre.ferrieux at rd.francetelecom.fr> writes:

> Michael Hudson wrote:
> >
> > >     dsp = linuxaudiodev.open("w")
> > >     dsp.setparameters(au.getframerate(), au.getsampwidth() * 8,
> > >                       au.getnchannels(), formats[spec])
> > >     dsp.write(data)
> > >     dsp.close()
> >
> > This doesn't work.  I don't really understand why.
>
> Can you characterize "doesn't work" ?
> If by this you mean 'no errors, no sound', then probably the problem
> is that the close doesn't (by default) linger until all the queued data
> have been played - in which case success is just one ioctl() away...

No, it does this:

[mwh21 at atrus test]$ ../../../build/python test_linuxaudiodev.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test_linuxaudiodev.py", line 27, in ?
    test()
  File "test_linuxaudiodev.py", line 25, in test
    play_au_file(findfile('audiotest.au'))
  File "test_linuxaudiodev.py", line 20, in play_au_file
    au.getnchannels(), formats[spec])
KeyError: ('ULAW', 2)

Does it work for you?

I *think* the problems in sunau.py, but again, I know very little
about audio formats...

Cheers,
M.

--
  A witty saying proves nothing.                           -- Voltaire