Advice sought: text-mode (but not CLI) apps in Windows console ?

Fred Pacquier fredp at mygale.org.nospam
Thu Jul 20 04:06:55 EDT 2000

ge at nowhere.none (Grant Edwards) said :

>There is a nice widget set called newt (with a Python binding
>called snack) that uses slang.  If slang is available under
>Win32, then it should be possible to use newt/snack.

Thanks (again). Unfortunately, s-lang looks like it's cross-platform, but
newt does not, unless I'm mistaken. This stuff is certainly well-hidden and
is hardly stumbled across of you don't already know of it :-)
Sadly, all this is much too cryptic for the sort of casual use I had in
mind -- it would actually be faster for me to dig out the win32 extensions
and do regular Windows, which I wanted to avoid in the first place :-)

--
YAFAP : http://www.multimania.com/fredp/