Newbies trying to do a build script

Matthew Cline matt at nightrealms.com
Tue Jul 18 20:47:28 EDT 2000

In article <8l1o61$n45$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, John Urberg
<jurberg at my-deja.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am working on a project with a couple of other developers and we
> are all new to scripting languages.  We need to create a build
> script to build an application that consist of C++ and Java code.
> We have some Perl resources in another group, but I would prefer
> doing it in Python.  I was hoping someone here could point me to
> some examples of build scripts in Python to get us going quickly.

So you're doing something that autoconf, automake, configure and so
forth can't handle?  (Assuming that you're working on UNIX) If you are
working on UNIX, look at
http://www.gnu.org/gnulist/production/autoconf.html and
http://www.gnu.org/gnulist/production/automake.html

If you're working on Windows...  Hrm, has anyone ported autocnof and
automake to Windows?