[3rd Draft] Open Letter to CNRI: Request for clarification

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Mon Jul 31 13:27:12 EDT 2000

thomas at cintra.no (Thomas Weholt) writes:
> slows down the development-cycle of Python. The longer it takes for a
> beta to get into users hands the longer it takes before bugs are found
> and removed. Longer time to wait for a stable release of Python 2.0.
> And I cannot get my hands on that sweet baby quick enough!! :->

Note that you can still grab a copy of the current CVS tree and try it
out, if you're that enthusiastic about it.  Playing with the CVS
version is valuable because any errors you find can be corrected
without hundreds of people finding them in an official beta, which
causes a certain proportion of duplicated or unhelpfully vague
reports.

--amk