problems trying wxPython in Win 95

do.not.email at hotmail.com.bbs do.not.email at hotmail.com.bbs
Mon Jul 17 18:20:03 EDT 2000

Thanks for the tip. I have Win98 and the wxdemo didn't work. Now I tried
again, and in a console window appeared following message:
"Can't create window of class wxCanvasClass!
Possible Windows 3.x compatibility problem?"

In the  MS Windows standard error message was "WX21_15.DLL" mentioned. I
searched on my hard disk and there were both Wx21_15.dll and Wx21_16.dll. I
removed and reinstalled wxPython, and now the demo didn't crash. And the
Wx21_15.dll had disappeared. So the problem may be in it.

Thanks.

"Darrell Gallion" wrote in message
news:000701bfef98$9f658040$6401a8c0 at home...
> My experience with this isn't recent.
> But last I checked wxPython didn't work with 1.6, don't know about 2.0.
The