win32Service.OpenService not working

tiddlerdeja at my-deja.com tiddlerdeja at my-deja.com
Mon Jun 5 11:19:45 EDT 2000

Can you help?

I'm trying to get a handle on a service but can't. If I use the
following code, it works:
h = win32service.OpenService(hscm, "UPS",
win32service.SERVICE_ALL_ACCESS)

However, if I try to get a service with a space in the name, I get an
error:
>>> h = win32service.OpenService(hscm, "Windows installer",
win32service.SERVICE_ALL_ACCESS)

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ? pywintypes.api_error:
(1060, 'OpenService', 'The specified service does not exist as an
installed service.')

I even tried to convert the name to unicode with now luck:
>>> www = win32api.Unicode("Web Site Update")

Can anyone tell me what I'm going wrong.

I'm doing this with administrator privileges.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.