popen in real time?

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at nortelnetworks.com
Tue Jun 6 13:51:32 EDT 2000

	Hey guys. I realize that you can loop on the output of popen if you want
to read from a pipe, but it would seem from experience that the output of the
child process is not available until the process exits. I've tried this with
the output of long-running processes like find. Is there a way to get the
output of a child in real time, as it's printed?

	Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier, 1Z22, SKY  Tel: 613-765-4699 (ESN: 39-54699)
Optical Networks, Nortel Networks