Um? *boggle* Silly question about listobject.c

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Sun Jun 4 01:22:45 EDT 2000

> Critical?  No more than that your experience with more-recent C caused you
> to make the similar "critical oversight" of suggesting "long" is adequate.
> Guido is on record as favoring changing PyObject_VAR_HEAD to declare ob_size
> of type size_t, but that won't happen in time for 1.6.  In the meantime, if
> you really need lists with more than 2 billion elements,...

*GACK*!

After running through a quick bit-shifting test, I discovered
to my chagrine that I was thinking for some dumb reason that
int was 16 bits. This is what I get for working on programming
problems all day long during my leisure time. I heard a rumor
that programming destroys brain cells more quickly than liquor.
Is it true? :)-

*bonk self on head with rubber mallet*

C/