Help with launching acrobat

Richard Chamberlain richard_chamberlainNOriSPAM at ntlworld.com.invalid
Wed Jun 28 06:54:12 EDT 2000

Hi Douglas,

I'm ignoring both your questions, and showing a different way:

import win32api
win32api.ShellExecute(0, 'open','c:\\yourPdf.pdf', None, None, 0)

You'll need to install the win32 extensions obviously.

The parameters are (parent window handle or 0 for no
parent,either 'open' or 'print',the file path,parameters if an
exe,initial directory,show the application (0 if a document)).

There is a current thread on COM and acrobat but I think that's
probably not necessary if all you want to do is open acrobat.

Richard

Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com