Palm Python?

Neal Bridges nbridges at interlog.com
Mon Jun 5 13:30:58 EDT 2000

In article <3939FFB4.A7824367 at mindspring.com>,
  David Broadwell <dbroadwell at mindspring.com> wrote:
> > Not that this exactly belongs in a python ng but I'm told the
> > only usable onboard programming environment is quartus, an ansi
> > forth system by Neal Bridges.
>
> Actually forth is the bios level language of the chip, before palm os
> loads. Just like a sparc, only smaller. Nope it dosen't really belong
> here, but is an option for the palm people. Still given the option of
> python of forth, i'll take python. (i used to know forth)

That's not correct.  There's no Forth in the PalmOS at all.

Quartus Forth is an on-board development environment and compiler that
generates stand-alone applications that require no run-time module.

--
Neal Bridges
<http://www.quartus.net/> Quartus Handheld Software!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/