PyType_Type?

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 24 12:39:38 EDT 2000

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:06:44 GMT, William Dandreta
<wjdandreta at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>I am trying to compile the C source code for Python and the linker gives me
>an error message:

>undefined symbol PyType_Type in module bltinmodule.c.

>The problem is I cannot find PyType_Type in bltinmodule or any other module.

The type of a type object is not defined in a module, but in an Object file.
'Objects/typeobject.c' to be exact.

>Does anyone know what might cause this?

Probably Fawlty compiler/linker flags. What architecture/OS ? What error
message ? Did you pass configure alternative flags ? Do you get any other
error messages ? What version of Python ? Or perhaps you're seeing the
effects of a broken archive or a disk-full during unpacking or such.

Thomas.