Standalone http server, cgi software?

Edward C. Jones edcjones at erols.com
Tue Jun 13 22:32:09 EDT 2000

I am a fairly experienced Python programmer but when it comes to
http servers, etc, I am a newbie. I would like to be able to fill
out an html form, press the submit button, and execute a Python
program with data from the form. My newbie questions are: What
URL should I use in the http form? Do I need to change any
preferences in Netscape or configuration files on my Linux
system? Are the Python httpserver and cgi modules the way to go?
Does anyone have a simple, working, piece of software that does
what I want that has detailed instructions? (I would use the
software as a model.)

The following keywords found several articles on Dejanews: local
standalong cgi server python forms. Unfortunately, no detailed
code was given.

Thanks,
  Ed Jones