Any Python project similar to Jserv and Cocoon?

Hamish Lawson hamish_lawson at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 21 18:18:22 EDT 2000

Alessandro Bottoni wrote:

> I wonder if anybody is thinking to use Python for building a
> set of XML server tools, more or less equivalent to Jserv and
> Cocoon, for the Apache web server

Zope (Z Object Publishing Environment) is a component-based web
application server and content-management system written in
Python. Though Zope is not an Apache technology, it can be
integrated with Apache and other web servers. Zope addresses
many of the same issues as Java servlets and EJBs, and uses a
template system similar to Java Server Pages. Recently there has
been work on publishing XML documents through Zope; see
http://www.zope.org/Products/XMLDocument.

Hamish Lawson

Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com