Tkinter and setting focus

BuCoDI-Rony Steelandt rsteelandt at bucodi.com
Tue Jun 20 10:56:15 EDT 2000

I have created a class wich expands the standard entry widget.
In that class i did a override of the return key to do some validation
of my entry

self.entry.bind(<return>,self.validate)

The validation routine works fine, but now comes my problem

I want at the end of the validation, if validation is ok set the focus
to the next entry widget in the form.
I searched documentation but didn't find anything on this.
The problem is since my class is a general class, i don't know in the
class wich widget is the next to put the
focus on.
Here is some code to show what i'm doing:
class numentry:
 def
__init__(self,parent,rw,clmn,wdt,relf=SUNKEN,mask='$',min=0,max=999999999):

  self.w = wdt
  self.m = mask
  self.min = min
  self.max = max
  self.field = Entry(parent,relief=SUNKEN,width=wdt)
  self.field.grid(row=rw,column=clmn)
  self.field.bind("<Return>",self.validate)
  self.returnval=''
  self.ind = 0
  self.pointindex = 0

 def validate(self,event):
    # do some validation
===> here i want to set the focus to the next widget

#main
frame = Frame(root,width=100,height=100)
# frame.bind("<Up>",callback)
frame.pack()
f=numentry(frame,1,1,10,SUNKEN,'0000.00',5)
f2=numentry(frame,2,1,10,SUNKEN,'0000.00')
root.mainloop()

I'm realy sticked on that ?????
Anyone has a idea how to do that

Rony Steelandt
Bureau de Conseil et de Développement Informatique
2, Rue Henri Avril
22480 Saint - Nicolas du Pelem

Tél : +33.2.96.29.79.08
Fax : +33.2.96.29.79.09