Currency format for floats?

Russell Wallace rwallace at esatclear.ie
Fri Jun 2 11:21:04 EDT 2000

Joseph Santaniello wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an SQL query which I can format to give me a nice value like
> 23,342.40 which Python squashes into 23342.4 when I stick it into a
> list element. Is there a nice way to format floats so they look like
> (US) currency?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

I've written a formatting routine that does this.  (For physical
quantities, it can also round to a specified number of significant
figures irrespective of where the decimal point is.)  Let me know if you
want a copy.

Is there a central repository for these sort of things?

--
"To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem."
Russell Wallace
mailto:rwallace at esatclear.ie
http://www.esatclear.ie/~rwallace