Paring down Python (physically)

Alex Walker alwalker at mars.ark.com
Tue Jun 13 11:32:15 EDT 2000

Hi All

I've been tasked with a question of how to use Python on a WinNT
system where isn't installed.  Of the options available (and I don't
thing I've discovered them all yet,) installing with our app just
those Python files absolutely required to run a script is the
front-runner.  I've looked all over the Python web site, the docs, and
my books but haven't come across any info the help me pare down Python
to a size, other than just hacking off modules I'm not calling.   Any
suggestions on a better way or where next to look for helpful info is
appreciated ?   Thanks!