OS-Memories (was: Does Python help with the no-Unix handicap?

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 15 23:45:54 EDT 2000

On 15 Jun 2000 15:04:01 GMT, Dana Booth <dana at mmi.oz.net> declaimed the
following in comp.lang.python:

> Good old Tandy/Radio Shack original that came with my TRS-80 III, complete
> with 48k ram. :)

	LDOS (which later became LSDOS, and then licensed as TRSDOS for
the model 4) was my first major purchase -- it could handle some
operations on a single drive system...

> Ever try out CP/M on those old Osborne's or Kaypro's?

	Worse -- CP/M on a Zentec! CP/M required RAM at low addresses
(was, as I recall, how it got back to the command prompt after a program
exited). Zentec's had ROM down there, so the entire CP/M kernal had to
be customized. I think the copy of Magic Wand was also customized --
they had "Lockheed Missles and Space" <G>.