Which linux distros have Python by default?

Grant Edwards nobody at nowhere.nohow
Wed Jun 14 22:09:53 EDT 2000

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:59:18 -0500, Derek Moeller <moeller at dophnic.yi.org> wrote:

>> >Pretty soon, everyone will want to have Python to use ESR's CLM2, a
>> >configuration utility for the the kernel written in Python/Curses.
>> >Tkinter is a different matter though
>>
>> Well, people who compile kernels will, anyway.  There are
>> getting to be a lot of users who never do a kernel build...
>
>Yeah, but the distribution maintainers will be forced to include it as
>a default to be considered seriously.

Do most of the "consumer" distros even include kernel sources
by default?  I'm not positive, but I don't think RH includes
kernel sources in the standard "workstation" configuration.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  World War Three can
                                  at               be averted by adherence